The charm of Dauphiné Savoie and the passionating history of the region make this sunny area unique.
Surrounded by Belledone mountain, you will enjoy the view of the nature park of Chartreuse with its peaks at 2000 m and the "Massif Savoyard des Bauges"
Located above Pontchara and the town of St Maximin, a rural village will welcome you with the medieval Avalon tower restored by the Carthusian monks.St Maximin is overlooking the valley and the castle of the Knight Bayard "....without fear and without reproach..."
You will be able to see in front of you the beautifull valley of Gresivaudan also called " The 100 catles valley..."
Many activitie both sporting and cultural in all seasons are available:
- Hiking: a large choice of signts ,Chartreuse mountain with its " Dent de Crolles " ( Tooth shape ), Mont Granier , Grande CChartreuse convent, Massif of 7 Laux ( 2977m peak ), Nivollet cross ( 1547m ).Otherwise you can also walk on trails that interconnect the 12 villages.
- Cycling : with the personnal advises of the owner , former champion, you will all the great mythical mountain roads.
- Skying :Closest station are only 20 mn from home, otherwise only one hour will be needed to reach larger skying domains.
- Paragliding with the famous European spot of St Hilaire du Touvet.
- Water games at the Lac of Bourget, Annecy or La Terrasse, fishing lake of St Helene and more ...
You will be 40 mn far from Grenoble, 20mn from Chambery , Albertville and its medieval city of Conflans, Fort Barraux, Castle of Le Touvet, Jean Jacque Rousseau 's house at Charmettes, Allevard and its thermal baths, Bayard castle, tower of Avalon and its museum...
French cuisine, vineyards and cellars of Savoy are here for you, otherwise you can just be sitting around the house for a deep breath, enjoying life, simply, you are welcome ...
|© 2010 domaine de Pierrambre|